What is webPD?
- A user-friendly web platform containing seminar-style literacy training videos.
- On-demand literacy training for every teacher across the K-12 spectrum.
- A trusted resource for helping teachers acquire best-practice literacy strategies.
- A source of practical literacy strategies rooted in the College and Career-Ready Standards.
- Unlimited sitewide access to 100+ training videos.
- High-energy presentations led by literacy experts.
- Practical, classroom-tested ideas.
- A downloadable handout to accompany each video.
- Outstanding content for professional learning communities.
- Friendly and accessible customer support.
- Subscription options ranging from 7 days to 1 year.
PD for schools & districts
"I liked the flexibility to have the staff watch it at different times, Some attended a morning presentation, some in the afternoon, and some viewed it at home. The teachers really like the way Smekens products make sense. We love Smekens at KHES."
- Marcia Alexander, Principal, Kingsford Heights Elementary School, Kingsford Heights, IN
The Literacy experts
A trusted provider of staff development in the areas of reading and writing, the Smekens team is best known for showing teachers practical and effective ways to apply research-based literacy strategies.
For more than a decade, Smekens Education has been supporting schools throughout the Midwest with customized on-site professional development and regional workshops. Now, with the addition of on-demand professional development videos from webPD, Smekens training is impacting teachers throughout the United States and the world.